Monday, December 27, 2004

Back to Normal ???

OK, kids... Christmas is over... time to get back to the blogs and mail.
Here we all had a very nice Christmas, (even if Syl did have to work). Syl and I stopped by the Plough on Christmas eve... a small group of orphans spreading holiday cheer. We sang some carols, even though John Lincoln Wright wasn't there to lead us as he's usually done in years past. We got through it. Home, where Syl and I exchanged gifts... she gave me the hat that you can see on her blog. Fairly low key. Saturday I went up to my folks for the obligatory holiday mayhem. All the siblings with all their progeny... the nieces and nephew are all maturing too fast. An odd family tradition (that I may well have started) ensures that someone will outfit the whole gang with a cheap toy that shoots harmless projectiles. Once the gifts are opened the room becomes a free-for-all war zone as we try to knee-cap each other... or, better yet, shoot each other in the bum. This of course, leads to projectiles decorating the tree and lost under furniture. Digging around in my chair, I came up with bits of plastic that had been aimed at me from 3 different years!!! Surprisingly, we've never broken or spilled anything or sent anyone to the emergency room.
Sunday it snowed a bit, making my walk over to the Plough a bit more of an adventure. Very small group, but often that's the most fun. Home to cook the holiday meal that we never quite got around to on the holiday.
A lot more snow this morning as I got back to work. Dug out, picked up Howard and drove over to his gallery, where we met Lowell and Paul. No trouble parking right out front (unheard of on Newbury St.) Sanded, patched, sanded, primed gallery walls and started painting. We'll be done early tomorrow... which is good as the lot of us are planning to see Three Stooges films at the Brattle Theater in the afternoon. We're so decadent.

5 Comments:

Blogger Wastedpapiers said...

Sounds like a great xmas to me. i like the idea of the snow and the projectiles and the 3 stooges. All three seem perfectly balanced in a triangular diopsistic nellyvation.

12:14 PM  
Blogger Wastedpapiers said...

Like the new font and background. easier to read.

12:15 PM  
Blogger Jonathan said...

Dunno about a new font and background... I'll have to check that out...

7:33 PM  
Blogger swapatorium said...

I like the projectile thing too! Sounds like you had a grand Christmas. We went to my brother's house. He's the only one with children. One of the gifts we gave them was a vintage game called "Battling Tops." It was our favorite when we were young. The adults ended up playing it all night. Poor kiddies didn't stand a chance with us.

The Three Stooges at the theater...lucky you! I never get tired of watching them. Fave episode...when they design clothing out of furniture.

3:58 PM  
Blogger Jonathan said...

Swap... They played the one where they were ice men, doctors (Dr. Howard, Dr. Fine, Dr. Howard), Shemp has to get married, Girls marry condemed inmates (big pie fight) and a good spoof on the Nazis.... was pretty good... had never seen them on the big screen. They used a lot more dummies than I remembered.

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home