Saturday, November 20, 2004

Here We Stand...

Nothing much until yesterday...
I was helping an art consultant with a presentation.
She assembles the artwork on the third floor (second for the Brits).
I was carrying things down and lost a step on the stairs...
a ceramic piece, wrapped in bubble, flew out of the box I was carrying and broke.
To my rememory the first piece I've destroyed.
Not a great way to start the day.
Everything else went well. She sold tons of stuff to the client and I didn't harm any other artworks. (this is decorating... it really has nothing to do with ART)
At the end of the job, as we were settling up... I offered to pay for the piece that I'd broken. She let me off, telling me that I'm carefull, it was an accident, etc. Still made me feel like a clumsy jerk. Turns out it was a piece that she owned and was trying to flog off on the client. (purchase price $100)
Today started out with a call from the art consultant that wants to try out some of my work... 6 pieces she wants to try... a good thing.
Up to my sisters for a birthday party for her 3 year old... good to see most of the family. Syl works both Thanksgiving and Christmas so we won't be joining them then. Somehow we got onto looking at where things were made... China won. Only one piece of clothing from USA and only one from Europe... all the rest from Asia or South America or Mexico.

2 Comments:

Blogger swapatorium said...

Good luck selling your art!

1:16 PM  
Blogger Wastedpapiers said...

Yes, good luck! That bubble wrap must have been made in china!

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home