Sunday, September 19, 2004

Saturday and Sunday...

Yesterday (Saturday) was raining, our bit of hurricane Ivan. Writing out estimates in the morning. Then I was off through some serious rain to Clark Gallery in Lincoln to pick up the artwork that wasn't there the day before. It still wasn't there... wasted trip. Pamela was most apologetic and gave me a nice catalog for the next exhibition. Errands and then I'm done for. Watched britcoms for the evening... "Keeping up...", "Are You Being...", "Ballykiss..." and "Monarch..."
Today was up and make reservations on the train from Rome to Florence. Off to the Plough, crossword under my arm. The usual there, really. Home to laundry and the prelude to packing.
One problem about working for myself is that there is no holiday pay... several people calling in to look for me to do things during the time that I'll be away... lost revenue, there. I can't afford this, but you only live once... and I plan too.

3 Comments:

Blogger Wastedpapiers said...

Good for you Jonathan. Hope you have a great holiday with no delays or bad weather. Its very windy here at the moment with the sun popping out and popping back in again for a short shower. typical autumn weather infact.
I cant belive you get so many Brit-coms! Are You being served?! Good grief! We are obviouisly getting our own back for Friends and Roxanne etc.

11:00 AM  
Blogger Jonathan said...

Michael- Thanks for the good wishes.
We've been watching "Are You Being Served" for at least 20 years here... I'm sure I've seen them all (inculding "Are You Being Served Again")... I still watch the daft things, though. One of my favorites that we don't see anymore was "Chef" with Lenny Henry.

2:51 PM  
Blogger Wastedpapiers said...

Not a big fan of lenny henry. I saw "Chef" once. Once was enough!

1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home