Friday, September 10, 2004

The Last Two Days...

Yesterday was a bust... Lowell and I went to finish touching up this horrible ceiling and the patch that he'd put in the day before was barely dry. It needed another thin skim and once that was done we were both standing there wishing it was done. It was useless to wait around so we got out of there. I went home to do some paper work, walked the dog. Later on I walked over to the Plough to see Rick, who was in town from North Adams... he was here to pick up his friend Jan-Willem, from Holland, at the airport. We had a bit of a visit, but he was distracted as he was going to be staying with his sort of ex-girlfriend.
Today I was all over the place. I started out picking up a painting in Newton... then on to Wayland to install some shelves. The hardware provided was inadequate, so I'll have to go back for that. The client also had some cuppy things (6 of them) that needed to be assembled so I did that. From here I went over to Concord to see how the porch was coming along. Everything was fine and everybody was busy. I was able to get a much needed check from the client while I was there. I'd had to put off the ceiling because my time was to tight. Back into Boston to deliver the painting, I'd picked up earlier. To the bank and a quick, late lunch. Over to Brookline to install a cabinet and 3-4 pictures. There were also a pair of sconce to be hung but once again I didn't have the proper hardware... even though I'd stopped to get what I'd thought I'd need, according to the description I'd been given. This rarely works. Usually I've got to see the job to get the appropriate stuff. So, leaving a wake of unfinished projects... I stopped at the Plough on the way home...

2 Comments:

Blogger Ruud Janssen said...

Hi Jonathan,

Nice to have found your Blog. Seems one can trace people on the Internet more easily these days....

Hope you are doing well....

Ruud Janssen

5:21 PM  
Blogger Jonathan said...

Ruud... nice of you to check in...
Keep in touch.

8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home