Wednesday, October 07, 2009

By Popular Demand...

Yes, Michael... I've over extended the week.
Unfortunately, there's nothing very significant to impart.
Today, for instance...
A rain day (we've been working on this exterior)... I'd made arrangements to
start painting Mickey's Living/Dining room area. She's messed up her knees
and was going to get them X-rayed... so I was on hold for the morning.
Did a drawing in anticipation for a painting that I need to deliver to Newton Art Center in a month,
primed the panel a couple of times... doing laundry all along.
Actually sent post to a stranger who had sent me a packet of stuff !!!
Got the call from Mickey around 1:00... too late to get started on anything.
Did some errands and ended up at the Plough (imagine that).
An higher level of banter than usual.
Otherwise, in the past week...
I installed an exhibitin at Clark Gallery, in Lincoln.
Drove artwork up to Manchester, NH.
Rearranged artwork in a woman's hallway.
Assisted with a residential art presentation.
Installed a big, heavy ceramic wall piece.
All while working on this exterior painting job and making sure the guys had what they needed.
Sundays were at the Plough, as usual.

3 Comments:

Blogger Wastedpapiers said...

Good to see you back blogging again Jonathan. Its easy to loose track of a few days , even weeks - I know -I've done it myself!
Glad the work is still arriving. Can we see the green shoots of recovery yet? Or is it mold?
We had a nice couple of days with my sister and her hubby who made a rare but welcome visit. WE drove over to Knutsford and looked round the shops and had a light lunch. Then to Tatton Park to go round the beautiful gardens with topiary and chinese temples, a maze and other delights. Photos on Flickr ofcourse.

10:53 AM  
Blogger Wastedpapiers said...

another week has flown. where do they go? We havebnt done that much really but today the shops and paid for the windows now they are finally done. Got a new kettle from Argos- exchanged for the leaky one. Bought a Batman begins DVD for 90p. Helped Hazel edit some DVD clips for her lecture on Friday- all about the brain and robots. saw a bit of MIT in one with that wonky house of cards building? You know the one?

11:08 AM  
Blogger Jonathan said...

Yes, Michael, I know that building...
I think it's great (though I have heard that they have some leakage issues). I guess that my niece either has classes or labs there.

7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home