Sunday, September 27, 2009

A Sunday Afternoon

A walk over to Cambridge... cloudy, but the temperature was good and the sky tried to spit at me a few times.
Mickey arrived about the same time I did and we set up camp at our end of the bar... (this is the Plough and Stars, for those not following closely)
We then proceeded to lose money on scratch tickets, before wading into the crossword. Not a bad job of that, a bit clumsy here and there, but we got done only cheating once (the other times we peeked was only for confirmation). Tales over and over again about the evening before... seems like there were lot's of drunks about (I'd gone home early). The music came on at 5:00, I stayed for the first set, then cabbed it home as it was finally raining. A pleasant, but not spectacular afternoon.

2 Comments:

Blogger Wastedpapiers said...

Sounds like a pleasant enough Sunday to me.
Now the boot sales are fizzling out we shall probably be doing more walks round Shackerly or Marbury- feeding the ducks ( despite the signs telling us not to ) and sitting in the bird hides watching our feathered friends antics.

I have fond memories of Sundays at home with my family- waiting for a big roast dinner whilst listening to Round The Horne or Billy Cotton's Band Show on the radio and then settling down to watch a film or football on the old black and white TV.
I wonder if Archie will remember them in the same way?

2:39 AM  
Blogger Wastedpapiers said...

Another week went by Jonathan! Time to catch up!

2:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home