Saturday, September 12, 2009

A Saturday

Saturday... Rainy. The art moving job I was counting on got cancelled because of the rain.
So I headed out to get glass for the window in the kitchen that Sylvia wanted fixed. On to the grocery store... got everything on the list except ground sage which was $5 for a LITTLE container. There must be a better source, hell we have a sage plant outside! Back to refit the window... applied a bedding of glazing compound, set the glass in and was lucky enough to find some glazing points in the van. Finished the puttying and started to put the window back together. The sash cords were long gone when I took the window apart, so I found some and did the job properly. Washed the glass before all this. Finally got it all back together (took several tries). Washed the woodwork, sanded it, washed it again and found out that I didn't have the proper trim paint. So I'll paint it Monday after work. Tomorrow, as always, is devoted to an afternoon at the Plough.

1 Comments:

Blogger Wastedpapiers said...

Ah the Plough! Nice memories flooding back of our pint of Guinness there. Cheers!

4:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home