Saturday, February 12, 2005

At the Museum...

Michael... somebody... tell me how to get the text to wrap around the picture. Obviously, I haven't got some button pushed on Flickr. Syl can't seem to find it, either (although hers works fine).
Anyway...Wednesday wasn't half as bad as I'd feared. The painting job was a small, water damaged ceiling that only took Paul and myself a couple of hours to fix. I'd emptied out the van to accommodate a big painting and that worked fine. The evening presentation, though weird, was easier than I thought. The clients were real concerned that their pre-school kids were going to wreck the art. I've never understood this way of presenting art... it's really more a form of decorating. But the pay is good and I keep my mouth shut.
Thursday I was off to the eye doctor. My glasses broke a week ago and it was time for an exam anyway. I'd been wearing an old pair that just weren't right and they were able to fix up the broken ones to get me through until the new ones are ready. Then on to install a small suite of prints in a conference room downtown. Simple, that, once someone decided what wall the work was supposed to go on.
Friday was a down day so I did paperwork, artwork and errands around the house. Off to the Plough for a wonderful afternoon of baloney.
Today, Syl and I went to the Museum of Fine Arts. A small Damien Hirst exhibit. One piece, consisting of flies pasted on the canvas really stunk (that's olfactory not aesthetic). We had lunch in the cafeteria and I found a good sized piece of glass in my pasta salad. I was actually relieved that it wasn't another broken tooth. In the gift shop we found a wonderful, big (and expensive) book of John Evans collages. Many references to mail-art friends there... had to have it.

4 Comments:

Blogger Wastedpapiers said...

Sounds like a fun day out. (except for the glass in the salad!) The John Evans book sounds wonderful. I must get a copy.
Feeling tired now after a busy day( see blog). Archie is still up as he's got a week off( half term) so planning what we shall do tomorrow- hazel has to work unfortunaley. Maybe go and see Spongebob squarepants movie. We already have a dofgy pirated copy on DVD but would be nice to see it for real.

5:43 PM  
Blogger Roger Stevens said...

Maybe you could frame the piece of glass. Set it in a ring. Have flies hatch on it. Suspend it from the ceiling to catch the light. Lose it in a snowdrift. Trim it with a laser. Keep it as a lucky souvenir...

Is Spongebob any good then?

2:23 PM  
Blogger Wastedpapiers said...

Yes Spongebob is very funny if you have the mind of a nine year old, which luckily I have! I keep it in that jar over there.

5:31 AM  
Blogger Roger Stevens said...

Which jar? The big one with biscuits written on it or the small, earthenware pot with DANGER written on it in red felt-tip pen?

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home