Saturday, January 22, 2005

And I Thought We Were Cold Before...

The last couple of mornings we've started out the day at around 1F or -17C... and heated up to 12F or -11C. Now we're getting blizzard warnings with an estimate of 18 to 24 inches of snow. Sylvia came home from work around 4:00, hopped in bed for a few winks and has to go back at 8:00... I guess people have called in sick (more likely scared of getting trapped there). It's just past 6:00 now and the roads look fairly clear... I hope that she doesn't have any trouble returning. And I'd rather have her snowed in someplace than driving.
Today I went out to Framingham to install 60 some odd paintings (including a few of my own) at a computer training center. A simple task, really, only taking about 5 hours. When Syl gets back in action we'll try to post a few installation shots.
Come morning, we'll see if I can make the weekly walk over to the Plough. There may be a few good snow scenes to post, as well. About time I got more pictures on here...

3 Comments:

Blogger Wastedpapiers said...

I agree Jonathan, you should have some photos too, as well as the excellent writing. Snow scenes to make Archie jealous! Its cold here today but very sunny with a lovely duck egg blue sky. I tried to get meself a cheap digital camera from Argos but they had sold out - obviously too much of a bargain! I keep borrowing hazels but it would be nice ta have me own.

3:28 PM  
Blogger sylviasometimes said...

I agree, Michael. Jon kept "diaries" of his India travels, along with copies of post to family/friends. It was fascinating reading, with his keen eye not missing a thing...totally made one feel like, oh look at that shrine that just popped up...a feeling of being there. He'll be getting a scanner sooner than later to show more of his very interesting work.

6:58 PM  
Blogger swapatorium said...

I can't wait to see some photos either! Love the writing and the photos will just be icing on the cake.

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home