Monday, November 01, 2004

Since I Last Posted a Blog...

Friday I was moving art around all day. Started by getting up a rental truck,picking up an exhibitions worth of artwork and delivering it to a gallery. Fairly simple, that. Returned the truck... took myself to lunch and went on to the next job that was a presentation with an art consultant to a residential client. Loaded up my van (the artwork is stored on the third floor (second floor for the Brits) so I got a bit of exercise. Drove to the clients home, unloaded the work, unwrapped the work, held various pieces up against the wall in numerous locations throughout the house. The art wasn't heavy but the arms get tired with the isometric workout. They bought a big pile of stuff, but it all had to be packed back up... some going to the framers and the rest back to the third floor. It was 8:30 by the time I got home. Knackered, but it was a good payday.
Saturday was errands and the start of a painting for the Newton Art Center benefit show (due next week!!!) Wish I could get the paint to dry faster.
Sunday, to the Plough... did a lousy job with my crossword. Home to dole out candy to the costumed extortionists. Helped Sylvia make some kind of chicken soup. Fell asleep on the sofa.
Today was a simple day of painting... trim (glossy work). Windows, doors, baseboards. We did two rooms and I swear that I covered more surface than the other two guys put together. I did the smaller room by myself (not that there's much diference... they each have two doors and a window) and went in to help finish the other room which has a bank of built in drawers. Anyway, that bit's done.

3 Comments:

Blogger Wastedpapiers said...

How come your third floor is our second floor? Is your groundfloor the basement?

10:11 AM  
Blogger Jonathan said...

Michael... I guess we omit the ground floor... It would be interesting to see why there's this difference. We walk into the building on the first floor.

7:18 PM  
Blogger Wastedpapiers said...

...and you call the pavement the side walk? the boot the trunk? the cinema the movies? football is called soccer? hey, we dont really have the same language atall!

6:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home