Saturday, August 28, 2004

I Had to Work This Saturday...

Today I installed 80 some odd paintings and sculptures at a medical software company.
It took 10 hours and I'm knackered. These things ranged from normal, two hook framed pictures to 3 sculptures mounted on a brick wall... it also included a few where the artist had invented the hanging system. The installation was spread over 3 floors and I put a lot of miles in marching between training rooms. The pieces were all hung too high, but I have to do what I'm told. The artwork was all by local artists and there were a few pieces by good friends. I've gotta get some slides together for this woman's next presentation... there was usually more than one piece by each artist. I could use the dough... not that I haven't done well by this gig.

2 Comments:

Blogger Wastedpapiers said...

Not fair, working on a Saturday. Sounds like a tough day too.
Hope you had a rest today? Do you have Bank Holiday Monday? It's one here tomorrow. We hope to catch up on our boot sale finds with two in town at Moss farm (where Archie goes swimming) and the Kwik save car park- weather permitting (fingers and toes crossed!)

2:51 PM  
Blogger Jonathan said...

Our Holiday comes NEXT week (first Monday in September)... Sylvia actually has it off... but she has to work Saturday and Sunday. Well, you know where I'll be Sunday...

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home