Tuesday, November 09, 2004

More Running Around...

Started out the day by putting my painting in the frame and stamping the backside (should have documented that for Obscure Obverse... next time). Off to hang a picture on the door to a loo... I hate doing that... they always move around as you use the door, and she doesn't want me to use security mounts which would stabilise the piece but make big holes in the door. From here it was downtown to pick up a piece that I'll deliver on Saturday. Out to see how the guys are doing, painting... Seemed OK, but I'm sure they're not getting enough done. On to deliver the artwork below... and on to spend my afternoon installing pictures for a client in Cambridge. Some good stuff, A little Pissaro print, a Lautrec print... some junk as well... all, horribly framed. Supposedly this will be rectified and I'll have to install it all over again. Tried to convince the client that we ought to finish painting the areas that we'd started. Dunno if I got anywhere. (y'know living in a several million dollar house, with real art and claiming broke). We fitted out the living room, his office, waiting room (they're both shrinks) and started working on the hallway... when it became obvious that the client was getting tired, and confused. I'd hung three little pieces... went on to hang another, turned around and she'd replaced all the pics in the group that I'd just done. I convinced Meredyth (who I was working with) that it was time to move on, as we had another client around the corner. Went over there and did that... simple, outfit one piece and hang it. To the Plough to check in with the guys... and home to wrestle with trying to put that pic on my blog...

2 Comments:

Blogger Wastedpapiers said...

These rich people are so tight with money - i guess thats how they got rich in the first place eh?

4:25 AM  
Blogger Scrapatorium said...

I like the details you provide of your work life. The lady coming behind you frustrated me just reading it.

1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home