Wednesday, November 10, 2004

But I Just Replaced the Radiator...

Up and out to Naida's (a favorite client that refers me to all her friends) for som touch ups. I could have done the lot with a Q-Tip rather than a brush. Except for one ding in the middle of a wall... my touch up looked like a bulls-eye. I'll go back and repaint the whole wall next week. Then over to see Marjorie, who is redoing a loft space and has a sand blasted wood ceiling and beams that are water stained. I doubt that I can come up with a reasonable solution for that. I found a parking space... had to make a u-turn to get to it. As I got out I realised that there was coolant everywhere...pouring out of the front of the van. I figured that I must have blown an hose, and there was enough coolant on the ground to know that I'd better not try to drive. Looked at the job. Back to the van to call AAA (same as RAC) took them an hour to get there. Meanwhile, I didn't have enough change to keep the parking meter going and I was hungry. I didn't dare walk the block to get a sandwich... the meter maid would surely get me. Luckily a newspaper blew down the street... I read it and did the crossword. Tow truck finally arrives and we go over to Vinnie's. Tell him what's up and walk home, where Syl let's me borrow her car to go out to Lincoln and help Michael. (Paul had his own car problems this morning, so he and Lowell had already bailed out). On the way out Vinnie called and said it was the radiator. Luckily it's under warranty... but that won't cover the labor. Should be ready 8:30- 9:00 in the morning. At the job, Michael had found a whole clip of 9mm bullets on top of the built in shelving. The client was quite happy to have us take them away (Michael knows someone that can use them). (there's a find for you, Swap) Painted the built in unit and the shelves. Came home to type this...

1 Comments:

Blogger swapatorium said...

Wow, that's quite a day! Lucky for you, the crossword gods sent you something to pass the time. Always keep an emergency kit in your car with bottled water, a blanket, non-perishable food (dried fruit, nuts, etc), and in your case, a crossword puzzle book. You just never know when or where your car is going to break down.

11:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home