Friday, November 12, 2004

A Couple of Good Days...

So, I went down to get the van yesterday and Vinnie says, "No charge"!!! Imagine that? I don't get these kind of breaks often.. I cherished it and it made my day. Out to paint with the guys for the day... we pretty well finished the ground floor. After work I had to go hang a picture in Newton. Big it was, 5 feet tall and at least 8 feet long. Some kind of digital photography thing mounted on some kind of plastic. The frame was over the top lot's of wood with inlaid brass Ganeshas from India. The image was a Buddhas head in the landscape and was supposedly manipulated fronm 30 photographs. It took some time to get the photo into the frame... but really no time to get the whole business on the wall... it fit brilliantly and looked great. The guy wrote me a check, without asking what I wanted and paid me about 3 times what I would have asked for. (this WAS a good day) We also made a plan for me to fix 3 water damaged ceilings. A toe hold on more work, I hope.
Today was out in Lincoln to paint... fine tuning what we'd done yesterday. The check was there, in the appropriate amount without me asking. A few little instructions... nothing that we wouldn't have done anyway. The guys were itching to go, being Friday... but they'd given me thier hours and I had to hold them to that. Michael never showed, claiming there was work he had to do at home... more likely it was because it's his birthday.
Anyway... to the Plough... where I only meant to have one pint... but Mark bought me one, then Derek came in and I thanked him for serving in the Marines (having not been around yesterday, Veterens Day) finished that and came home.

3 Comments:

Blogger Wastedpapiers said...

Glad you had some luck with the van. You need a little luck to carry you through sometimes. Lucky pennies don't seem to help (www.luckyworld.co.uk) and i dont syoop to pick them up anymore in case I do my back in!

11:00 AM  
Blogger Jonathan said...

Michael- I still pick them up... found 51ยข on my walk to and from the Plough today.

3:40 PM  
Blogger Wastedpapiers said...

Drinks are on you then!

3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home