Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Back Again

I guess that I haven't posted in so long that I've forgotten how it works.
But, I seem to be onto something, now. (we'll see if it works)

I guess, to back up a bit... We had a lovely visit from Hazel, Archie and Michael back in August. And aside from their luggage not arriving until a day late, we had a nice time playing tourists. Without Sylvia to help guide, I felt a bit clumsy. But I got them to a classic New England junk shop (the White Elephant in Essex) which they enjoyed... too bad we couldn't have travelled on to an even BIGGER one in Newburyport. But we ran back for Syl who'd been waiting for the luggage.
I took them to the Plough and Stars, but again I was clumsy. I introduced them to all and sundry... our beloved, Dave (the barman) spotted us a round. But I failed to get them involved in the conversation/banter. Granted... there weren't many in the room and HAM are quiet and shy (not regular pub flies)... I should have done better.

Anyway... the goal is to become a little more poetic/creative with my writing (no evidence of it here)... I'm TOO literal. I think it would be better if I play more, rather than simply report.

1 Comments:

Blogger Wastedpapiers said...

You were the perfect hosts- no need to feel in any way lacking for chat/banter etc. We are very reserved so mostly our fault. Sorry it's taken me so long to get back here.

7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home