Friday, July 08, 2005

My Five Questions

Roger Stevens said...

Here are your five questions, Jonathon.

1.Your work involves hanging artwork in people’s homes. What’s the worst assignment you’ve ever had?

By far, the worst are walls full of family pictures to be hung in the "salon" style... that is, a lot of different sized photos to be installed with some kind of logic. You don't want people facing into the corners. Sometimes there's family politics involved. (I had an interior designer once tell me that the more family pics in the public areas of a home, the more dysfunctional the family)... I keep an eye on that and find a bit of truth in it.



2.You like a pint. What’s your favourite drink? And where in the world would be your favourite place to drink it?

That would be the Guinness. Was brilliant to drink it outside at the Fiddlers Elbow in Florence... but these days, I'd rather be back on my stool at the Plough and Stars in Cambridge (MA).

3.Are you a frustrated artist?

Absotively...

4.If you weren’t an artist what would you like to be?

In retrospect, I might have been able to dance (with training, of course... which I never had). Or a Rock n' Roll singer (I've been in a few "no go" bands). Or, just for a change, something that makes money.

5.This is a boring question, I know. But what three things could you not do without if you were shipwrecked on a desert island?

That'd be the Sylvia, Guinness, and a decent newspaper... with a good puzzle.

5 Comments:

Blogger Roger Stevens said...

Interesting answers. A good puzzle, eh? What kind of puzzle would that be?

BTW sorry I messpilled your name. Just my fingers gotting cenfused.

8:40 AM  
Blogger Jonathan said...

Roger... thanks for the questions.
Crossword puzzles, cryptic puzzles, even the odd number puzzle now and then.

2:02 PM  
Blogger sylviasometimes said...

lol...then there is the Sylvia puzzle...will she or will she not...fill in the blank!

6:05 PM  
Blogger Jonathan said...

We're on a desert island dear, Have a heart...

7:27 PM  
Blogger Wastedpapiers said...

If only Question Time on the telly was as interesting.
I must admit i havent had a pi nt of Guinness for ages and I used to drink it quite a bit when i was younger.
My mum and dad used to like crossword puzzles and phoned each other up to consult on the questions, but I've not inherited the love of the cross word. Cryptic puzzle s especially are the work of the devil!

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home