Thursday, August 11, 2005

SPAM ?

Somebody's posted spam on my blog...
That's an interesting turn.
Check out the comments on my 16 July entry...
Sure, my life could use some enhancement.
But, I don't need to be told by some stranger,
busting into my blog, trying to sell me a useless degree.
I allow the anonymous comment so that friends and family
can comment on my ramblings.
Not to be solicited by some dubious, degree granting institution.
If they want to advance my life... get me a new van.
Or, better yet, send money... lot's of it.

6 Comments:

Blogger Wastedpapiers said...

These spammers are such idiots. Just found a couple on Roger's blog. They are the dregs of humanity. I feel sorry for them- they are obvioiusly sad geeks with nothing better to do.

8:19 AM  
Blogger swapatorium said...

Hi Jon! You can change the setting in your comments to help weed out spammers. Just hit the yes button for SHOW WORD VERIFICATION. Since spam is just randomly sent through, this extra step in commenting keeps them away, at least for now.

11:32 AM  
Blogger Wanda said...

Or you can just delete the spam. Click on the trashcan below their messages.

6:16 PM  
Blogger Wastedpapiers said...

I got some spam this morning and switched to word verification too. Will be interesting to see if it helps.

4:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep they are complete scum, I get them all the time. What makes me laugh s that one blog entry about "the Penguin of Death" attracted 10 people trying to sell mortgages, work that out.

10:41 AM  
Blogger Ruud Janssen said...

Hi Jonathan,

Same happened on my BLOG. I turned on the word-verification, and that seemed to help.

Ruud

4:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home